Color Light-to-digital Converter with IR Filter - TCS34725Niftee Circuits
The TCS3472 device provides a digital return of red, green, blue (RGB), and clear light sensing values. An IR blocking filter, integrated on-chip and localized to the color sensing photodiodes, minimizes the IR spectral component of the incoming light and allows color measurements to be made accurately. The high sensitivity, wide dynamic range, and IR blocking filter make the TCS3472 an ideal color sensor solution for use under varying lighting conditions and through attenuating materials.
The TCS3472 color sensor has a wide range of applications including RGB LED backlight control, solid-state lighting, health/fitness products, industrial process controls and medical diagnostic equipment. In addition, the IR blocking filter enables the TCS3472 to perform ambient light sensing (ALS). Ambient light sensing is widely used in display-based products such as cell phones, notebooks, and TVs to sense the lighting environment and enable automatic display brightness for optimal viewing and power savings. The TCS3472, itself, can enter a lower-power wait state between light sensing measurements to further reduce the average power consumption.
- Enables accurate color and light sensing measurements under varying lighting conditions by minimizing IR and UV spectral component effects.
- Programmable interrupt pin enables level-style interrupts when pre-set values are exceeded, thus reducing companion micro-processor overhead
- Enabling a low-power wait-state between RGBC measurements to reduce average power consumption.
- Red, Green, Blue (RGB), and Clear Light Sensing with IR Blocking Filter
- Programmable Analog Gain and Integration Time
- 3,800,000:1 Dynamic Range
- Very High Sensitivity — Ideally Suited for Operation Behind Dark Glass
- Maskable Interrupt
- Programmable Upper and Lower Thresholds with Persistence Filter
- Low Power — 2.5-μA Sleep State
- 65-μA Wait State with Programmable Wait State Time from 2.4 ms to > 7 Seconds
- Digital interfaces are less susceptible to noise.
- I²C Fast Mode Compatible Interface
- Data Rates up to 400 kbit/s
- Input Voltage Levels Compatible with VDD or 1.8 VBUS
- Backward compatibility enables interchangeability and re-usability in systems.
- Register Set and Pin Compatible with the TCS3x71 Series Reduces PCB space requirements while simplifying designs.
- Small 2 mm 2.4 mm Dual Flat No-Lead (FN) Package
- RGB LED Backlight Control
- Light Color Temperature Measurement
- Ambient Light Sensing for Display Backlight Control
- Fluid and Gas Analysis
- Product Color Verification and Sorting
- TVs, Mobile Handsets, Tablets, Computers, and Monitors
- Consumer and Commercial Printing
- Medical and Health Fitness
- Solid State Lighting (SSL) and Digital Signage
- Industrial Automation